Last updated on February 26th, 2023 at 02:01 am
It’s now ten days and counting until I hop on a plane and fly to California for the Enlightened Bestsellers Mastermind weekend, which is a dream come true for me. I know that this would likely not be happening without all the love, support, and encouragement I’ve received.
None of Us Makes a Dream Come True Without A Team
Sometimes when we’re working hard towards realizing a dream vision, it can feel as if we’re all alone, especially if it’s in the creative fields (as a writer, dancer, painter, or even as a solo entrepreneur!). There’s no one there to tell us how it should be done. There’s no one there to give us a deadline. It’s all up to us!
Of course, the reality is that no one ever achieves a dream in isolation.
Writers who want to get their books out there into the world need agents, editors, and publishing houses. In this era of self-publishing, of course, one could argue that none of the above is necessary for anyone, and they’d be right. But a writer still needs readers!
Painters who want their work circulating need to find galleries to display the work, or people to buy the art. Businesses need customers!
It’s pretty obvious, but easy to forget sometimes, when we feel overwhelmed by the steps it takes to live our particular dream, or when it feels as if no one cares, or like we’ll never get the work “out there” in the world.
I know that speaking for myself at least, this dreamer has definitely had those moments!
Those Who Help Us Through!
Of course, none of us live our dreams without those in our lives who encourage us, support us, and make sure that we have the time and space we need to pursue our passions. This may be family members, spouses, friends, colleagues, coaches, children, neighbors, mentors… Those who believe in us.
I am unbelievably fortunate to have amazing friends and family, close to home and around the world, who have believed in me and cheered me on as I forge the path of living my dreams. I know for a fact that I would not be who I am, or be able to do the things I do, without the support and love of so many who care about me, so many teachers and mentors, so many friends who lent me a shoulder to cry on when needed.
Then there are the inspirations, heroes, and mentors who we haven’t actually met but who spark our passions or help reignite our light when it goes out temporarily. For me, these are spiritual teachers and writers like Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer, and Marianne Williamson, as well as the four stars I’ll be spending time with during the Enlightened Bestsellers Mastermind weekend.
There are my lifetime heroes and inspirations, like Martin Luther King, Jr., Albert Einstein, JFK, Nelson Mandela, and Gandhi. There are role models like my amazing parents, who have always encouraged me to follow my heart and who are there to support me every step of the way. I am blessed beyond belief!
The Power of the Dream Team!
I have, among living other day-to-day dreams completed:
- Written a 476-page book manuscript (I’ve since cut that in half)
- Become a Martha Beck Certified Life Coach
- Launched my coaching business
- Lived my dream of teaching workshops and retreats and leading inspirational teleclasses for women
- Traveled to India to teach spiritual workshops with my spiritual teacher, Nithya Shanti
- Gone skydiving! (checked that off my bucket list!)
- Been accepted to the Enlightened Bestsellers Mastermind program which is designed to help me get my book out there into the world, and to catapult my public speaking career to the next level
- Learned how to surf! (another bucket list item!)
- Gone parasailing (ditto!)
- Hiked the Na Pali Coast cliffside trail in Kauai
- Celebrated Spain winning the World Cup in San Sebastian, Spain
- Gratitude for our blessings (this is the easy one!)
- Gratitude for our challenges
- Gratitude for what is yet to come – giving thanks for dreams coming true in advance!
Lisa P. Graham is an inspirational writer, life coach, TED motivational speaker, and globe-trotter whose passion is to help others to find happiness and meaning in their daily lives. A political activist at heart, Lisa would like to empower more women to run for political office as a way to create positive change in the world. You can find her on her website or watch her TEDx speech on YouTube.
Note: Articles by Lisa may contain affiliate links and may be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on an affiliate link.