Last updated on May 25th, 2023 at 04:09 pm
We Share Dream Stories and Advice
We want you to believe that you have the power to achieve your dreams. It is our sincerest wish—through the sharing of dream stories and advice—that you are inspired to pursue your big dreams.
Many dreamers begin their life purpose journey during times when the world seems to be kicking them in the gut. 8WD guest post contributors share dream stories once a week for a year, or short series pieces (2-6 articles), or a one-time dream story. 8WD accepts all types of contributions.
We are Always Looking for Dream Stories
Would you like to share a big dream story with the world? Fill out the 8WomenDream Contact Form here if you would like to share one dream story or a dream story series.
Please read the 8WomenDream Guest Post Submission Guidelines outlined here BEFORE contacting 8WD.
About the Contributors
Catherine Hughes is a writer, founder, content director, and editor of 8WomenDream. Catherine created the 8 Women Dream Project as a place for women to receive online encouragement to go after their big dreams.
Heather Montgomery shares what she has learned about becoming a triathlete after age 40. She uses her Metabolic Training Certification to help women struggling to get fit in mid-life.
Iman Woods is an American artist who specializes in photography. Through her unique and therapeutic process, which she’s spent over a decade perfecting, Iman helps women undo the damage from a negative self-image and unrealistic beauty industry expectations.
Karen Alaniz is a published author, a former teacher, and a home renovation expert now that she’s remodeled an old farmhouse on her own. She strives to help women who are scared it may be too late to start over after a certain age, and she encourages empty-nest women to invent a new, prosperous, and full life.
Kelly Swanson is an award-winning storyteller, motivational speaker, published author, and TV personality who is passionate about helping women harness the power of their stories to connect, influence, and get the results they dream of accomplishing.
Lisa Graham is an inspirational writer, life coach, motivational speaker, and globe-trotter whose passion is to help others to find happiness and meaning in their daily lives through community involvement.
Natasha von Geldern is a seasoned travel writer, editor, and blogger who is passionate about making the pages of the atlas real by traveling the world. She is a contributor to Travel Wire Asia, Wild Junket Magazine, and Travelbite, to name a few.
Sue Levy founded the South Africa Inspirational Women Initiative. She’s a motivational writer and media designer who is obsessed with everything inspirational with a hint of geek. She thrives on teaching women how to be brave and take a big chance in their lives to improve their current situation.
To find the dream contributor stories listed below–go to the WRITE FOR US page on 8WD.
• Andrea Teggart reveals how we can all live a more positive life by merely remembering to be thankful for what we already have.
• Danelle Jacobs gets real on having an equestrian dream while having a career and children underfoot.
• Dawnda Schaefer wonders if a woman can be a successful published horror writer.
• Jayne Speich contributes her thoughts on women’s relationship to money, how to live a sustainable life and change the way women use money in their lives.
• Katie Eigel discusses her search for the perfect place to settle down to start a new life and a new career.
• Kim Aikawa pushes herself to overcome her fear of flying to travel after her daughters have moved out independently.
• Laurie Allen ponders pushing the envelope of what is acceptable behavior for women that keep women trapped in their self-limiting box.
• Maria Vieages exposes the realities of being a female chef–the hardships and the joys, as well as what it is like to cook for the general public.
• Rayne Wolfe delves into the world of memoir writing and publishing her first book on a rarely-discussed subject: toxic family relationships.
• Remy Gervais relates what it’s like to be a female photographer and make or not make a living from taking photos.
• Shellie Croft shares her truth that the American Dream of owning a home and having a loving family is still very much alive and thriving.
• Toni Schram reveals what it’s like to write a screenplay and get it submitted in Hollywood.
• Tracie Backman shares her humorous world travel stories and how she finds bliss through traveling the world and taking scary risks.
• Veronica Jacobsen shows what it’s like to search for a significant other after a “certain age.”
• Wendy Brayton paints canvases from the beauty she finds exploring the world and shares her life as a Plein air painter.