Last updated on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:29 pm
I have been progressing quite nicely in my dream to begin dating, while in my later years. Overcoming, multiple levels of fear, I have taken my power back and refuse to be defeated. Shopping online is my choice today, we may progress to other avenues in later posts, but for today it is on line dating.
As I stated in last weeks post, I have joined SeniorPeopleMeet.com AND also have included a totally free site called Plentyoffish.com, yes two websites.
Last week I had difficulty with feeling sensitive to the negative feedback I received from some of these men. As a result of that sensitivity, I have had to get tough. That’s right – it is time to set some boundaries and take more action.
I have found a way to communicate – I do not respond – I simply delete. It’s working great!
1. Safety First –
- Never give out your email address, phone number, full name or date of birth. Remember girls identity theft is at an all time high.
- After 4 full conversations on the secure dating website, if you find you are still interested, take his phone number and block yours.
- If after having a couple of successful telephone conversations. you believe, you would like to meet him, progress to coffee.
- Meet this potential partner in a local coffee shop, in your own home town where there are lots of people or people who know you.
2. Weed Out The Jerks –
- The instant on line chat feature can be useful in getting to know someone, ask those questions.
- If he looks, acts and sounds too good to be true, he probably is.
- Chose your age preference, anyone outside of those guidelines gets instantly deleted. Make sure their out of diapers but not yet ready for depends.
- Chose your height and body type guidelines, again anyone outside of those guidelines get deleted.
- Do not entertain anyone who is not looking for exactly what you are looking for. Serious relationship or casual relationship. They will not change their minds.
- Financial income something below Donald Trump, but above the guy on the corner with the sign reading “God Bless”. Do not veer off our path ladies.
- If they get angry or rude, hit the delete button.
- A bi-coastal relationship is not a permanent relationship.
- Strong sexual overtures, do not suggest a man of substance.
- If he doesn’t know how to use spell check while writing his profile = delete.
3. Photography Rules –
- Rule number 1: ask what year the photo was taken in.
- Rule number 2: ask them to please give you a close up photo, so you can actually see their face.
- Rule number 3: remember sometimes a man’s personality, sense of humor and charm, far outweighs his looks.
- Rule number 4: sometimes a man actually looks better then his photo.
- Rule number 5: if every photo in his on line photo album is of him and his dog, chances are there will be three of you on your first date.
- Rule number 6: Photos of possessions only, no personal photo = delete.
- Don’t forget to use that zoom in feature, to double check for wedding band.
Here’s a good pointer, listen up, married people, if he or she tells you their married, take it at face value that you won’t be receiving an engagement ring soon. Keep in mind seniorpeoplemeet.com has an added feature of audio content of your intended beau. If he sounds like he needs his adenoids removed, you might have a hard time taking him seriously.
Remember ladies and gentlemen, you are in a buyers market, don’t settle for discounted, damaged, or after market goods. Sometimes its what they don’t say that can give them away.
The bottom line here is for $35.00 at enrollment, I get three months of piecing together the man of my dreams, while at the same time rooting out anyone who will just be wasting your time.
Veronica rotated off 8 Women Dream in December of 2010 after successfully completing 2 dreams.
Enjoy this special 8WomenDream Guest Contributor story submitted by new and experienced big dreamers throughout the world, edited and published to capture a dream perspective from different points-of-view. Do you have a personal dream story to share with 8WomenDream readers? Click here to learn how to submit dream big articles for consideration.
Note: Articles by Guest Post Contributors may contain affiliate links and 8WD will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on an affiliate link.