Last updated on January 28th, 2020 at 01:43 am
Does your big dream require perfection? Excellence not easy to do, but if you want to obtain some support for your big dream, you’ll need to share it with others and being remarkable needs to be your standard.
re·mark·a·ble – adjective 1. worthy of attention; striking.
You can’t teach someone to strive for perfection when launching their dream. To dream big and find success, you must strive for more than where you are right now. Excuses for less than your best simply won’t cut it–you must want your dream to be remarkable. Otherwise, you’ll lose interest right away.
To make your dream come true, you must practice at it every day by exploring what you need to do next, following some basic rules of your trade (not all of them, mind you), and consistently perfecting your craft.
I am saddened when someone’s big dream stalls due to a lack of caring. So I think some quotes are in order to help you ponder whether you are giving this dream of yours your very best.
18 Quotes Why you Should Care More About Your Dream
1. It ain’t whatcha write, it’s the way you write it. ~Jack Kerouac
2. If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less than excellent work. ~Thomas J. Watson
3. Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better. ~Jim Rohn
4. Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. ~Vince Lombardi
5. Perfection cannot be defined or seen; it can only be found in your heart. ~Kelly Millar
6. I’ve found the best way to revise your own work is to pretend that somebody else wrote it and then to rip the living shit out of it. ~Don Roff
7. Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude. ~Ralph Marston
8. Doing common things uncommonly well. ~Orison Swett Marden
9. We are what we repeatedly do. ~Aristotle
10. He who does it first may do well, but he who does it best will do better. ~Scott Allen
11. There should be no crying in copyediting. ~Carol Fisher Saller
12. True greatness consists in being great in little things. ~Charles Simmons
13. Whatever you do, don’t do it halfway. ~Bob Beamon
14. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it. ~Pearl S. Buck
15. There’s a way to do better… find it. ~Thomas Edison
16. There is always the best way of doing everything. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. It isn’t what you do, but how you do it. ~John Wooden
18. Let each day be your masterpiece. ~John Wooden
Catherine Hughes is the founder, content director and editor-at-large of 8WomenDream. She is passionate about helping women step out of their own way and strike out into a world waiting for their special talents. She’s a published author and a former award-winning mom blogger. Catherine has helped companies both large and small create engaging web content, social media narratives, and unique blogging platforms. She claims to be a redhead, but don’t hold that against her.
Note: Articles by Catherine may contain affiliate links and 8WD will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on an affiliate link.