This week I’m sharing my tips of why you should not give up on your dreams — in video! Please tell me what you think in the comments!
Being a motivational speaker and dreaming of taking my work to the international stage is an ongoing journey filled with ups and downs. When you invest time into your dream and work hard at it every day, you are bound to have low days too. Especially if you do not see results after all of your hard work.
I have had moments where my insecurities made me lose my dream focus, and I’d start seeing or assuming things that were not true. When you let your negative thoughts run away with you, you will end up feeling hopeless. What’s important is that you just pick yourself up and try again. Pursue your passions even when they seem impossible.
In the words of Audrey Hepburn, Impossible actually spells out I’m Possible.
In living a life of going for your dreams you are often thrown curve-balls that make you want to give up immediately because they can drain you emotionally.
You need to know that those who give up won’t see any results and you won’t achieve your goals when you lose your passion and purpose. You must grow from every experience and continue to pursue to dream big.
Here are 5 of my favorite “don’t give up on your dreams” quotes:
1. “People are always blaming circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get ahead in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.” ~George Bernard Shaw
2. “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
3. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” ~Confucius
4. “You just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.” ~Babe Ruth
5. “The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” ~Rocky Balboa
Life is going to test you and taunt you at times. But you need to pursue to not give up and aim for the greatness that lives inside of you.
I know you can do it. I have absolute faith that you can achieve your dreams.
Remember to always “Just Pursue It.”
Sue Levy is the founder of the South African Just Pursue It Blog and Inspirational Women Initiative. She’s a motivational writer and media designer, who is obsessed with everything inspirational with a hint of geek. She thrives on teaching women how to be brave and take big chances on themselves. You can find Sue on her Twitter page @Sue_Levy.
Note: Articles by Sue may contain affiliate links and 8WD will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on an affiliate link.