Last updated on June 9th, 2012 at 09:42 pm
Good morning friends! Hope you’ve enjoyed your week!
Last week in my post, ‘Positive Thursday: Turning Little Things to Big Things’ I blogged about turning little things into big dreams and not letting discouragements and disappointments make the best of you. The post read:
Although we all have days or weeks or months, it’s nothing something we are stuck in.
This position does not have to be permanent. Rather than convincing yourself everything is absolutely okay and perfect, accept where you are at and start small.
Start being truly amazed at things that most people don’t even notice then you will truly realize how insanely wildly blessed you are.
People often ask me how I maintain an overall positive attitude. And appreciating these little things in life is the key for me.
By starting small and noticing and loving the small things – it makes other things seem so beyond extraordinary.
Last week’s post inspired me to share with you something I do weekly on my personal blog called Thursday Thankful List.
Writing these weekly posts reminds me to sit down and really look back and actively appreciate little things (and big!) that made life a little sweeter, a little better and a little more inspiring.
- Recognizing blessings over luck
- Absolute silliness
- Sleeping in a hotel bed
- Vegan curry
- When days fly by
- Surrounding yourself with positive, intelligent and inspiring people
- Heated blanket
- Making plans for the future
- Memorizing the words to a song
- Breakfast in bed
- Answered prayers
- Parents who support you through thick and thin
- Learning from past mistakes
- Bubble baths
- Green grass
- Tall mountains
- Focusing on the beautiful and abundant things in life
- Going to bed without an alarm
- Remembering to be happy RIGHT here, RIGHT now
- When choosing to stay up late with good friends is more important than a good nights sleep
- Naps during rainy days
- Texts from random people
- Coffee with flavored creamer
- A healthy body
- Encouraging others
- When rainy days turn sunny
- Homemade meals (preferably with friends!)
- Picking out the perfect dress for a special occasion
- Laughing so hard you cry
- Letting all your emotions out and being okay with it!
- Being strong
- Long walks
- Contagious joy
- Ferry rides
- Toughening up when times get hard or you’re going through an issue
- Craft projects
- Dressing each day based on your mood
- When people around you are in a fantastic mood
- Going to a restaurant for the first time
- Hard work
- Viewing life as an amazing experience
- Painting my nails
- Strong leaders
- Random acts of kindness
- Being barefoot
- Art museums
- Meeting new people
- Living life adventurously
- Choosing to listen rather than just speak
- Finding old pictures
- The smell of freshly cut grass
- Booking a plane ticket
- Unexpected generosity
- Learning and growing
- When things fall into place
- Bright orange flowers
- Getting to know new people
- Decorating a new home
- Choosing to live extraordinarily
- Waking up feeling refreshed
- Strawberries from the farmers market
- Digging through your Inbox
- Inspiring blogs
- Radical self-love
- Being grateful
Today may not feel like the absolute best day of your life. I honestly don’t know what you’re going through or where you’re at in life – but taking five minutes a day or blocking out time every week to sit down and count your blessings is one easy way to start building up your happiness.
Gratitude is something so important to keep in mind as we pursue our dreams – and in our day-to-day lives. One of my favorite quotes is this: Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have.
What are some “little things” you are thankful for today?
Enjoy this special 8WomenDream Guest Contributor story submitted by new and experienced big dreamers throughout the world, edited and published to capture a dream perspective from different points-of-view. Do you have a personal dream story to share with 8WomenDream readers? Click here to learn how to submit dream big articles for consideration.
Note: Articles by Guest Post Contributors may contain affiliate links and 8WD will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on an affiliate link.