Notice: Undefined variable: custom_content in /home/dh_cifdj8wd/8womendream.com/wp-content/themes/restored316-market/functions.php on line 403
Last updated on December 10th, 2010 at 12:12 pm
I thought my life would slow down a bit when the kids were out and somewhat grown-up but . . . no! It seems that when you set yourself on your dream path – life picks up and takes off.
I’ve had an incredible week while dreaming.
I practiced a new rap single, made arrangements to go into the studio, wrote a treatment for the movie Club B with my screen writing counterpart Toni,Â and took an awesome Crane Canyon Road ride (a winding Sonoma County country road) with my husband.
Even though we’re not really talking.
Marriage is so weird and I’m going to go into that more another time.
I am a fan of RuPaul Drag Race. I love that show.Â I said it. I love reality TV. In fact, I did a reality show myself once. That’s another story.
Here’s some of Rupaul’s advice to help you with your dreams –
- Remember to love yourself, because if you can’t love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna’ love somebody else?
- If you say you’re gonna’ do something, then by-George, you better do it.
- Being true to your word is important because you don’t want to lose trust in yourself.
- Look at me – a big old black man under all of this makeup, and if I can look beautiful, so can you!
- Life is more meaningful when you are not afraid to see all colors of the rainbow
Keep on dreamin and remember to be yourself, everyone else is already taken!
Laurie has several dreams going on at once.Â She left 8 Women Dream in November of 2010 to focus on Club B and her NIA business.
Enjoy this special 8WomenDream Guest Contributor story submitted by new and experienced big dreamers throughout the world, edited and published to capture a dream perspective from different points-of-view. Do you have a personal dream story to share with 8WomenDream readers? Click here to learn how to submit dream big articles for consideration.
Note: Articles by Guest Post Contributors may contain affiliate links and 8WD will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on an affiliate link.