Last updated on April 2nd, 2012 at 12:50 pm
Can I make this process of thinking about preparing to go out and date last any longer? You have heard me discus how to date, who to date, what not to date – now I ask you, when is the actual dating going to begin?
When will I face my dream?
Being a part of 8 Women Dream, I have committed to follow through on my dream. So after much research and a lot of talk, it is time to take the action. The people in my life who love me, have strongly suggested that I simply get off my duff and just do it. So that is exactly what I am going to do.
After some thought about how to actually put myself face to face with multiple men and begin this dating process. I have chosen to do a “Veronica’s” version of speed dating. I will be making dates with several of the men I have been conversing with, while doing my on line research at seniorpeoplemeet.com and plentyoffish.com. After spending some time conversing with some jovial fellows online, it is time to actually meet with a few of these men, in a speed dating sort of way.
If I walk down Petaluma Boulevard, beginning at Starbucks for a 9am cup of coffee with Contestant Number 1, proceed down the boulevard to Peet’s for a 10am mocha, while enjoying one of their poppyseed muffins, and meet with Contestant Number 2. It is time to take a break, so that my brain doesn’t get to confused and allow time to regroup between dates. Contestant Number 3 will be joining me later in the day for a hot cup of tea and a stroll through the theater district in Petaluma, Ca.
Now lets talk about these three eligible bachelors. Today I will share with you the information I have been given and the perceptions I have obtained while emailing and conversing with these three bachelors.
And then in next weeks blog the three bachelors will be unveiled and I will share with you how they matched up with their profiles and my perceptions after actually meeting them and spending some time with them. I promise I’ll be nice and never use anyones real names or divulge any of their personal information.
Lets start with Contestant Number 1.
The vitals that were on his profile have stated that he is 5’10” tall, 200 lbs., balding blond, with blazing blue eyes. He is divorced with 2 children that no longer live at home. He is seeking a long term relationship and he has a spiritual base.
My take on Contestant Number 1? He appears to have a good sense of humor, while being kind and quite complimentary. I totally like him and look forward to meeting him. A am a little nervous about meeting him, simply because I like him. He is from South San Francisco.
Moving on to Contestant Number 2.
Contestant Number 2 is 48 years old, 6’1″ tall, 220 lbs, brown hair, brown eyes, he is legally separated with one child who still lives at home. He has a home in the Santa Cruz mountains and has a very strong faith.
When I think about Contestant Number 2, I have to say this man is consistent. He has been emailing me through the dating site for two months now. Talk about the patience of a saint! What do I think about a man that is 7 or 8 years younger then me? My jury is still out.
Contestant Number 3.
This guy has only recently come on to the scene and we just started conversing a week ago. He is 63 years old, 5’8″ tall and weights 180 lbs. Divorced for multiple years, 2 grown children and 2 grand-children. Contestant Number 3 lives in Sonoma County, closer then the other two contestants.
Contestant Number 3 is a bit more reserved then the other two contestants, I am thinking perhaps he is just a little shy and I am hoping he opens up more when we actually meet.
Preparation for the Dates.
- Think about possible conversation starters. Go back over the profile and read some of the things he has written about himself. Try to remember the conversations and emails you have written to each other. Let him know you listen and pay attention to him.
- Eat well in the days prior to the dates and get plenty of sleep. 8 hours sleep the night before.
- Manicure and pedicure.
- Be on time, don’t leave him waiting.
- Chose clothing the night before. Each of these dates are in casual settings, so jeans are very appropriate. A clean white blouse with a soft feminine sweater and a pair of black leather boots is perfect. Make sure everything is clean and neatly pressed.
The Actual Date.
- If you get there a little early and obtain your coffee there won’t be any issues about who is going to pay.
- How will you know it is him? My experience tells me that sometimes the men don’t actually look like their photos, so how do we know its him? Trust me you will know. Its the man who is looking around wondering who you are?
- Enjoy your cup of coffee, enjoy the conversation and say thank you so much it was wonderful meeting you. Now the tricky part, do you want to see him again? Does he want to see you again? How do you know, how does he know? If you want to see him again, step out there, “I look forward to seeing you again” or “I really enjoyed my time with you and would love to do it again” or wait tell you get home and email him something of that nature.
Wish me luck as I complete my “Dream of Dating” and progressing forward toward finding my future partner. Is it Contestant Number 1, Contestant Number 2 or possibly Contestant Number 3?
I look forward to hearing some of your own personal stories.
Veronica rotated off 8 Women Dream in December of 2010 after successfully completing 2 dreams.
Enjoy this special 8WomenDream Guest Contributor story submitted by new and experienced big dreamers throughout the world, edited and published to capture a dream perspective from different points-of-view. Do you have a personal dream story to share with 8WomenDream readers? Click here to learn how to submit dream big articles for consideration.
Note: Articles by Guest Post Contributors may contain affiliate links and 8WD will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on an affiliate link.