Word-of-mouth is the driving force of the public speaking business, and those people sitting in front of you will be the ones that take your name out into the world.
So give them something to do that.
Make sure every person in your audience walks away with something that has your name and contact information attached to it.
Here are 6 ways to accomplish this:
1. Put your business card at every spot.
2. Put a handout on every place you can.
3. Put a contextual model (postcard) that illustrates your solution at every place you can.
4. Send them all to a link online where they can get a free gift and give you their information and send you messages.
5. Create a promotional branding item (pen, notebook, flash drive, etc) to give away.
6. Put your brochure/flyer on every table.
It doesn’t really matter what you choose, as long as you send your audience away with something that has your name and contact information on it. Don’t just assume they’ll remember you.
Your public speaking dream is too important!