Last updated on January 23rd, 2019 at 10:36 am
Every day we must find the necessary motivation to work on our fitness dream goal.
It doesn’t matter if you are a dedicated fitness dreamer, or just starting on the path to find your own health and fitness, you must still find your reasons for pushing yourself.
There will be “those” days when you need a reminder why you should do what you need to do.
On the days when you can’t give yourself a good enough reason to put on your workout shoes and “just do it,” I’ve created a list of the best reasons I can think of to work on your fitness goal.
Just pick one from this list, put it on a Post-it note and place the note where you are forced to stare at it all day. Guilt is a powerful motivator too. Just ask your mom.
Top 100 reasons to workout today
1. Your body was made to move.
2. You want to move forward, not backward.
3. You want a great butt.
4. It makes you feel accomplished.
5. You want to feel good in your clothes.
6. You want to catch someone’s eye.
7. You want to take care for yourself.
8. You want toned arms.
9. It helps you sleep better at night.
10. It’ll help you drink more water.
11. You promised yourself that you would.
12. It’ll give your skin a glow.
13. It’s a cheap way to entertain yourself.
14. It’ll help you prevent the middle-age spread.
15. You want to create a new future for yourself.
16. You want to stand taller.
17. It’s the best way to spend “me” time.
18. It boosts your immune system.
19. It helps you lose weight.
20. You take pride in your body.
21. It helps you de-stress.
22. You spend most of your day on your butt.
23. You have goals you want to reach.
24. It allows you to eat more food.
25. You want to look better.
26. Dieting only works so much.
27. It strengthens your legs.
28. It’s cheaper than therapy.
29. It reduces your risk of cancer.
30. It improves your cholesterol.
31. It’ll help you like what you see in the mirror.
32. You need a reason to wear those new workout clothes.
33. If you can do this, you can do anything.
34. It prevents age-related muscle loss.
35. You want to do real push-ups.
36. Exercising can be fun.
37. You want a strong core.
38. It gives you energy.
39. You want to stay healthy as you age.
40. It makes you feel confident.
41. It strengthens your spirit.
42. You want to live longer.
43. You deserve a better life.
44. You are capable of more than you ever imagined.
45. You want to push yourself.
46. You want to shave time off your running pace.
47. It improves your balance.
48. You’ll be able to reward yourself.
49. It helps you get stronger.
50. You want to be an athlete.
51. It burns off last night’s dessert.
52. You want to be a good example to your kids.
53. It reduces back pain.
54. Exercise helps combat depression.
55. You’ll feel proud of yourself.
56. It prevents diabetes.
57. It lifts your mood.
58. Strong is the new skinny.
59. It strengthens your bones, too.
60.You’ll feel bad if you don’t
61. You want to get better at your game.
62. You made a commitment to yourself.
63. You’re more likely to eat better when you exercise.
64. It makes clothing shopping more fun.
65. Moving your body feels good.
66. You want to look younger.
67. Exercisers earn more money.
68. Everyone has at least 10 minutes to spare.
69. You want to breathe easier.
70. You’re tired of being tired.
71. Being fit makes everything in life better
72. There will always be another wedding, vacation, or reunion.
73. You’re tired of starting over.
74. It feels good.
75. Swimsuit season is always coming.
76. It keeps your mind sharp.
77. It helps you beat belly bloat.
78. You want to see the scale drop.
79. It improves your heart health.
80. Sweat is sexy.
81. You are worth it.
82. Not working out isn’t working out for you.
83. You want to look and feel incredible.
84. It beats sitting on the couch.
85. You want to be stronger than your excuses.
86. It burns more calories than not working out.
87. It’s a great way to spend time outside.
88. You’ll miss fewer days of work.
89. Exercise improves your sex life.
90. It reduces your health care costs.
91. It’s a good way to spend time with your friends.
92. You don’t want to let yourself go.
93. It boosts your metabolism.
94. It reduces your blood pressure.
95. You don’t want to squeeze into an airplane or roller-coaster seat.
96. Not working out is not going to get you very far.
97. You’re not a quitter.
98. It helps your clothes fit better.
99. A fit body is a healthy body.
100. The only workout you ever regret is the one you skip.
What is your reason for working out?
You have a reason, today and everyday that keeps you motivated. Was it on the list? If you didn’t see your favorite, share it in the comments.
Get your fit on!
Heather Montgomery is a fitness writer, triathlete, and serial entrepreneur who is devoted to sharing what she has learned about becoming a triathlete after age 40. She uses her Metabolic Training Certification to help other women struggling to get fit in mid-life. She lives and trains in Santa Rosa, California, the new home of the Ironman triathlon. You can find her biking the Sonoma County wine trails.
Note: Articles by Heather may contain affiliate links and 8WD will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on an affiliate link.