July 1 will mark the half-way point of this year and time to take inventory on how well your dream goals are performing.
A common problem for dreamers is that once you’ve figured out your dream, set some goals and have the urge to move forward with your life, is actually making yourself take the necessary steps to make it happen.
We become stuck.
It can be fear, lack of resources, or even a lack of understanding what motivates you that holds you prisoner of your old life. Sometimes it’s simply not being sure of what to do next. When this happens, the first action is to forgive yourself for being human.
Tell yourself that it is OK to be stuck, that it is OK to not know what to do next and it is OK to be afraid.
Sometimes all you can to is send your dream out into the universe like a thought balloon floating up into the atmosphere and tell yourself that when the time is right you will know what steps to take, or the confidence you need will suddenly appear, or the help you need will be revealed to you — then let it go.
You’d be surprised to find that letting something go “into the universe” when you are stuck invites life to reveal itself to you instead of forcing something that doesn’t feel right.
In the following video, motivational speaker and best-selling author, Brian Tracy gives a short speech, which is a perfect example of when you are ready, what steps to take to move forward with your life and your big dream –
Now, let me give you a quick exercise which is my only “take home” or “homework” exercise for our time together.
1. I want you to take a piece of paper and write down 10 goals that you would like to accomplish in the next 12 months (or 6 months because we are about at the halfway point).
2. Write the word Goals and today’s date at the top of the page.
3. Write down the 10 goals you’d like to accomplish, then ask yourself this great question:
4. If you can only accomplish one goal on this list, but you could accomplish it within 24 hours, which one goal would have the greatest impact on your life?
This is a great question because it will usually make the one goal jump out at you.
You’ll say: That’s the one! If I had this goal, it would have more of an impact on my life than anything else!
Sometimes it’s a financial goal; sometimes it’s a health goal; sometimes it’s a relationship goal.
5. But whatever it is place a circle around that goal and turn the page over and write that goal at the top of the page.
- Set a deadline on the goal.
- Make a list of everything that you can think of that you can do to achieve this goal and then begin working on your list.
- Here’s the kicker: Do something everyday. Do something everyday that takes you one step forward towards your major goal.
My promise to you is that this exercise, setting goals, making a plan and working on it everyday will change your life in ways that you cannot imagine. They say people begin to become great, when they determine their major definate purpose, their number one goal and work on it everyday.
It is the secret to becomming a self-made millionaire. It’s the secret to great success in life.
I promise to you is a week, a month, a year from now you’ll look back and you’ll be absolutely staggered at the difference it will make.
Use this coming halfway mark as your jumping off point to kick-start your dream and revision a way to make it happen before the end of the year.
Call it your “To Move Forward with My Life Plan 2014.”
Catherine Hughes is the founder, content director and editor-at-large of 8WomenDream. She is passionate about helping women step out of their own way and strike out into a world waiting for their special talents. She’s a published author and a former award-winning mom blogger. Catherine has helped companies both large and small create engaging web content, social media narratives, and unique blogging platforms. She claims to be a redhead, but don’t hold that against her.
Note: Articles by Catherine may contain affiliate links and may be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on an affiliate link.